Friday 29 March 2013

Day 2 Refuge Cove to Hogan Island

NE 15 kts sea's 1.5m . I woke up at 0430 and had a big Breakfast. I was on the water at 0620 it was still dark for a little while. There was a bit of rebound of the rocks exiting Refuge Cove which cleared as I pushed further out to sea. The conditions became calm about two hours into the journey. I was paddling on a bearing for the first 3 hours before Hogan showed itself through the haze. It took me just under 7 hours to get to Hogan. There was a small tidal race between the twin islets going around the North end of Hogan, a bit of fun to play in. The spring on Hogan would be a last option for water and would need treatment.There is no water tank off the hut.Phone signal towards the obvious saddle.Average speed 4kts.
Hogan

Approaching Hogan



    


No comments:

Post a Comment