Saturday 30 March 2013

Day 3 Hogan Island to Deal Island

NE 5-10 kts, nil sea's. I left Hogan at around 0720 to get to Murray's Pass at slack water. I could see the Kent Group for the first hour before they disappeared in the sea mist shortly after. I would only see the Islands on two other occasions during my crossing. The sea mist lifted as I approached Murray's Pass. I went into Erith and resupplied my water and had a quick meal. I wanted to get back out of the northern end of the Pass before the current got to strong. I slowly made my way out of the Pass and once clear had an easy paddle around to Winter Cove where a pod of dolphins played. I had a small surf with about 4 ft faces to negotiate my way to the beach. I used my sat phone to gain the forecast for the next day. I believe you can get a phone signal from the saddle above the Cove. Average speed 3.8 kts.
                                                                                                                                  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment